Queen City Kendo Club

Queen City Kendo Club

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Updated Zoom Meeting Info

 

Good evening everyone,

Hopefully everyone has been having a good week!  I have a few updates concerning the Zoom practices that we've been having:

  1. Having a free Zoom account to run the Iaido practices has worked out well for us so far.  The main issue is that, if I'm not watching the clock, then we're automatically kicked out of the meeting after the 40-minute mark.  Last night, I purchased a subscription to Zoom, so now I can run practices without worrying so much about not going over (even if by a minute or so).
  2. Recently, I've thought about running Kendo practices over Zoom as well, and I finally decided to pull the trigger on that thought.  Right now, I have it scheduled for 7PM on Tuesdays.  As I mentioned in the last email, these practices are going to be catered more to the people that already have practice experience, but anyone will be able to log in and watch.  I may try holding practices for beginners, but I need to take some time to figure out formatting assuming that we will still be out of practice for the next few months, at least.
  3. The links to the practices will be added to the "Location And Contact" Page